The Conference of Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Governors and Premiers (Conference) is a non-profit corporation that unites the chief executives from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Québec and Wisconsin. Through the Conference, the Governors and Premiers work as equal partners to grow the region’s $6 trillion economy and protect the world’s largest system of surface fresh water. This partnership builds upon over 30 years of work by the Council of Great Lakes Governors to encourage and facilitate environmentally responsible economic development.
This position is part-time—24 hours per week—initially for a one-year contract term, renewable pending performance and continued availability of funds. Compensation will be $25 per hour, paid every two weeks. As this is a part time position, no additional benefits will be provided.
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, the Conference currently requires work from home for all staff, including the Administrative Assistant to be hired. Once normal operations resume, the Administrative Assistant will be required to work at the Conference’s headquarters office in Chicago, Illinois.
As part of the Conference’s project-oriented team, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Conference staff, with a particular focus on providing assistance to the International Trade Director. Specific responsibilities include:
International Trade Promotion Program
The Conference manages a network of 14 foreign offices that work under contract to promote exports from small and medium-sized companies in the region. The Conference’s member States participate in these offices on a fee-for-service basis. The Conference also organizes two-three trade missions to foreign countries each year. The administrative assistant will support the International Trade Director by assisting with tasks including:
- Assist with contracting, reporting and invoicing for participating member States
- Create and send invoices, issue receipts and track payments from trade mission participants
- Assist with file management of Trade Office contracts and amendments
- Assist with tracking Trade office performance (e.g. trade missions, ongoing work, sales, etc.)
- Assist in work related to coordination of the trade missions including briefing books
- Research grants, partnerships and other opportunities for future projects. Assist with award applications.
General Administrative Support
- Create and send invoices, track receivables and ensure payments for all Conference projects, initiatives and grants
- Assist with arrangements for meetings including food ordering, catering, hotel contracts, etc.
- Assist with budgeting and grant reporting
- Manage the online filing of consultant contracts and grant agreements
- Manage contact database including input of new contacts
- Manage office including:
- Coordinate equipment leases and manage external vendors;
- Order and track office supplies;
- Initiate approval for invoices received;
- Submit work orders to the office of the building as needed, complete insurance forms, etc.;
- Manage transit benefits;
- Answer telephone and direct calls; and
- Open and manage mail/FedEx.
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant or comparable role.
- A Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree or significant work experience.
- Experience using MSOffice applications including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility, and willingness to take on various tasks as assigned.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 27, 2020. No phone calls, please.
Conference of Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Governors & Premiers
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2700
Chicago, Illinois 60606